Why choose Hawbush Primary?
Message from Our Head Teacher
I am delighted to welcome you to the website of our exceptional learning community on Hawbush Estate in Dudley.
Our site encompasses three fantastic educational provisions - Hawbush Primary School, Maple Tree SEMH Specialist Provision and Little Dreamers Nursery and Time for Twos provision. We are a vibrant and ambitious learning community who are 'resolute that no pupil will fail' (Ofsted 2017)
Since my appointment in September 2017, we have undergone a transformation and are on a considerable journey of improvement. We have developed an engaging, high quality, purposeful curriculum that enables all our learners to thrive and to develop their cultural capital and broaden horizons to enable all our learners to be 21st century learners.
We are incredibly lucky to have the fantastic site we have which includes: a purpose build Nursery unit; huge field; a large hall; our own kitchen; classrooms with state of the art technology - updated in September 2019; a community centre; a forest school area and our purpose built Nursery and SEMH Specialist unit.
We are school that focuses upon ensuring every pupil has the opportunity to thrive despite challenges they may face; we support all of our pupils to achieve as much as they can.
Every member of staff who works in our learning community cares dearly about each and everyone of our pupils and will do all they can to ensure they have access to a high quality of education.
On behalf of our wonderful children; ambitious staff and governing body, I am delighted to welcome you to find out all about our learning community. I am incredibly proud to be the Head Teacher here and look forward to the continued journey of improvement that we are currently undertaking.
Everyone who visits our school is always impressed by our fantastic learning environment; by our dedicated team and most importantly by our children who do their absolute best to overcome their challenges and attend school every day. You are welcome to visit our exceptional learning environment, where 2 year olds up to 11 year olds are able to engage in high quality learning experiences by making an appointment via the school office.
We look forward to meeting you and showing you around.
Mr R McConomy - Head Teacher
Why chose our learning community for your child?
- A wonderful team of staff who genuinely care about each and every child
- A purpose built Nursery offering flexible child care for 2 year olds, 3 and 4 year olds. We also offer 30 hours too.
- Before and after school clubs offering a range of activities
- Fantastic sports facilities
- Music tuition for all children who would like it and whole class tuition in Year 5
- A wide range of trips and visits
- An innovative project based learning curriculum personalised to your child’s needs that enables all learners to succeed
- A school that does all we can to meet children’s needs
- A dedicated team of staff who support the academic and pastoral needs of our children
- A unique approach to enabling all learners to make progress despite any challenges they may face
- A school where every child is taught to ‘live their dreams and be exceptional’
Have a look at our ‘Class Blogs’ to see some of the exceptional learning on offer in our learning community