Lesson 4 - Equivalent lengths mm and cm
Lesson 12 - Add 2 or more fractions
Year 3 Lesson 4
Year 4 Lesson 12
Written Outcome (Part 2)
Now you have written your 'things you will need list' you can start writing your set of instructions.
In your instructions, you will need to include:
Fronted adverbials to show an order. E.g. First, then, after that, finally,
Imperative verbs to explain the action. E.g. Give, spray, make, put, wash
Subheadings to separate the instructions. (the title, the things you need, the method)
Here is my example:
How to wash a woolly mammoth
Things you will need:
- an extremely large bath
- a shower head
- mammoth friendly body wash
- a gigantic towel
- First, a delicious, green apple out of the cupboard to guide the mammoth into the bathroom because he hates being washed but absolutely loves apples!
- After that, your mammoth for coming into the bathroom by giving him a tasty, golden apple. Your mammoth needs to know that he is doing a good job so giving him an apple is his tasty treat. Remember - mammoths hate baths!
- Then, his long, brown trunk to make him relaxed and calm. By doing this, he will be more willing to get into the bath ready for his wash. He is extremely dirty as he hasn't had a wash in weeks!
- When the mammoth is in the bath, keep massaging his trunk and feeding him delicious apples as this will keep him calm whilst you are washing him.
- During his bath, make sure you scrub behind his huge ears but make sure you don't get any soap suds in his eyes or up his nose! He absolutely hates this so he might hit you with his trunk.
- Finally, rinse the mammoth completely until the suds have gone and give him one last scrumptious apple for being brave in his bath. Doesn't he smell beautiful now?
Lesson 2 - What festivals do Christians celebrate and why are they important to them?
Focus on: Easter, Christmas and Lent (see the PowerPoint and Reading attached for research)
After developing an understanding of the festivals Christians celebrate, I'd like you to answer these questions -
Why do Christians celebrate these events?
Christians celebrate Easter as they remember the death and resurrection of Jesus. During this Holy week, Christians remember the last week of Jesus' life and celebrate each day.
2. Why do you think these festivals are important to Christians?