Maple Tree SEMH
Whilst at home, your child should complete 7 activities each day. For each activity they can receive a stamp, sticker or star on their chart. When they receive all 7 stamps, then reward them with free time on the tablet/console or something else they enjoy. Do not give them the reward until all stamps have been achieved.
Each week, the activities for each stamp will be placed below. You have been sent your child's English and maths groups so please select the correct activity for each day. In addition, there is a PE activity that the children do for fun on a Wednesday afternoon.
At the end of each day, please email us with the number of stamps your child got, if they got any blips and how many more smiley faces than sad faces they got. We will move up their rocket if they got all 7 stamps (in school they have to get the stamps when we ask them to do it for the rocket to move up but you can decide what is best for you). We will move it up again if they didn't get any blips. They will also receive a housepoint for every smiley face they receive more than sad faces.
The Maple Tree home learning process is as follows:
- Learning packs containing a variety of maths and phonics resources and a weekly reward chart for the next 10 weeks have been delivered to your home.
- Work for the week will placed on the website before the start of school on Monday. It will contain some video content but will avoid the use of worksheets as many parents do not have printers.
- Parents must send in photographs of their child's work every day to MapleTreeSEMH@hawbush.dudley.sch.uk and we will mark and assess it.
- We will move up your child's rocket in the classroom as per our normal reward system and when it gets to 10 they will get a prize.
- If work isn't submitted your child's keyworker will ring you between 8am and 9am the next day to offer support.
- If we cannot contact you on the phone then someone will visit you.
In addition, I will ring you each week for a welfare check and will also visit you at home occasionally.
If you have any questions then please contact us for support. All Maple Tree children are welcome to return at any time. Please contact us if you want to return to in school provision.