Year 1 Maths
Year 2 Maths
To finish off our Topic we have added a lovely story about Sammy the Dog.
Once you have read the story and talked about what is happening you could write about your favourite part of the story or draw a picture and label it.
For our PE lesson today, we are going to build on our gymnastic skills by exploring travelling movements. We will then follow this up with BALLOON BLASTING which leads to Mr Ross' Challenge! Ensure to send your work through to the KS2 email.
For the first part of the lesson lets think about what we did last week:
- Can you name any 3 of the 5 balances we learnt?
- what is this balance called?
Now, watch the video to learn about movements to travel!
1. What was the space you needed to travel?
A. 1 metre by 1 metre B. 2 metres by 2 metres C. 3 metres by 3 metres
2. Can you name any of the star words from the lesson?
3. Which one of these is NOT a reason for why we warm up?
A. To increase our breathing rate B. To increase our heart rate C. To increase our weight rate
4. Which one of these was a way of travelling in today's lesson?
A. Bunny hop B. Frog leap C. Jump step
5. Which movements and balances did you include in your sequence?
Extension and Mr Ross' Challenge
Have a go at practising the following BALLOON BLASTING by watching the video below, then have a go at the ones set by the Year 5 and 6 children! Hope you have some spare balloons...