In English, I would like you to write a narrative (a story) for the BFG.
Follow the sequence of learning, one session a day, to be able to write your narrative.
Skills I would like you to demonstrate to show you are a Year 4 writer:
- Use fronted adverbials with a comma.
- Use a possessive apostrophe in words to show possession (e.g Lucy's glasses)
- use inverted commas and other punctuation to indicate direct speech. E.g. The conductor shouted, "Sit down!"
- build a range of sentence structures that include noun phrases expanded by the addition of modifying adjectives, nouns and preposition phrases and fronted adverbials. (see attached modifying adjectives and preposition phrases for support here if needed)
I would like you to follow this unit of work on diary writing.
The skills I would like you to demonstrate are:
- using s or es to show plurals.
- using the features of a diary.
- use emotive language.
- using fronted adverbials, with a comma.
- use suffixes - le, el, al and il.
- using personal pronoun I