Week beginning - 11.01.21
This week's focus is:
Activity 1 - Sharing News
Can you share with us what you did in the half term holidays?
Here are some questions to help you:
- Who did you spend Christmas time with?
- What did you eat on Christmas Day?
- What did Santa bring you on Christmas Day? What was your favourite thing?
- Did you play in the snow? What did you do?
Chat with your child about what you did in the half term. You could share your news with us by drawing a picture or send us a video telling us all about what you've been up to.
We miss you very much and would love to hear all about it.
Activity 2 - A Winter Walk
We would like you to go on a winter walk. Talk about the things you see on your walk.
What signs show you it is winter? What is the weather like? What has happened to the plants? What animals can you see?
Could you draw things you have seen on your winter walk and label them?
You could use the scavenger hunt below to help you find different things:
Activity 3 - Winter Clothing
In winter, what clothes do you wear? How do you keep warm?
We often wear different things in winter than we do in the spring and summer. My wardrobe is a bit of a mess can you sort the clothes out?
A printable version is below: winter, what clothes do you wear? How do you keep warm?
In winter, what clothes do you we How do you keep warm
What did you wear to go on your winter walk?
Can you draw yourself or take a picture of you going outside in the winter? Label all of the clothes you are wearing to keep warm!
If you didn't go on a walk, you could talk about the people below
A printable version for you to write on is below:
Activity 4 - Melting Snowman
You might enjoy listening to the story before doing this activity
You will need:
- Shaving cream
- White glue
- Paper to cut into snowman parts (hat, arms, nose, eyes, etc.)
Mix 2 parts shaving cream with one part white glue and mix gently to create your homemade puffy paint. You can mix in some glitter now or wait until the end and sprinkle it on top.
Let your child finger paint with the puffy paint. When they are happy with the shape they can cut out snowman bits and add them to their snowman.
Challenge: Can they finish the sentence underneath...My snowman melted because...
Activity 5 - Melted Snowman Cookies
- Spread white cookie icing on sugar cookies to create melted blobs.
- Decorate marshmallows with black cookie icing to make dots for eyes and a smile (or smirk).
- Insert an orange sprinkle into the marshmallow for a nose.
- Place marshmallow on cookie icing and add more cookie icing around the neck to secure it.
- Decorate buttons and arms: Place smarties on cookie icing for buttons and add chocolate sprinkles for arms.