More and Most Able
We recognise at Hawbush Primary that there are a number of our pupils who are More and Most Able in a range of different areas including English, Maths, PE, Science, Music, Art, Languages, History, Geography and Computing as well as many other talents.
We endeavour to provide exciting opportunities to challenge these pupils’ thinking and problem solving both in and out of the classroom. Provision for our MMA pupils includes:
- Open ended investigations.
- Practical tasks and use of resources.
- Higher order questioning.
- Problem solving tasks.
- Use of IPads/Laptops
- Peer work with children from other year groups.
- Cluster events
- Competitions and quizzes.
- District and local sporting events
How can children be supported at home?
- Encourage children to explain their answers to homework. Can they justify and prove their answers?
- Ensure that children are reading books that challenge them and offer something different.
- Children should be exposed to a variety of authors, genres and styles of writing. Try newspapers, information texts and great story books!
- Encourage children to use a dictionary to check the meaning of vocabulary, and use a thesaurus to improve words.
- Encourage children to think outside of the box when completing their Learning Logs. How
- If your child has a great talent outside of school, let us know so that we can celebrate it too!
Enter a competition at https://www.youngwriters.co.uk/
Get inspired to write at https://www.pobble.com/
Complete a problem solving challenge at http://nrich.maths.org/frontpage
Test your mental maths skills at http://www.topmarks.co.uk/
Log onto your TT Rockstars account at https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth/school/student/43153