Week beginning 6.7.20
As we created an excellent front cover to our newspaper last week, its time to add a story or two in!
I have created an epic story to go into mine, check it out:
A few things to remember:
- Look at the structure. Make sure it is set out like a newspaper
- Include pictures to make it interesting. Label the pictures
- Use language that makes the reader want to read on
- Start paragraphs with fronted adverbials
- Use direct speech to show somebody being interviewed
Label where you have included all of the above
Reading - Chapter 7
Explain what the word 'government' means. If you do not know, search it up.
The Word 'Government' is one of the Year 5/6 spelling words that you may have in your SATS next year so study it and try and spell it right everytime!
Explore and discuss the three main types of government in ancient Greece: monarchy, oligarchy and democracy.
What is the difference?
What is similar?
Who could vote and who couldn't?
Once you have found out about the 3 types of government in Ancient Greece, try this quiz:
Decide, which government would you like to live under and why?