Week beginning 29.6.20
Have a look at these newspaper front covers:
What does the front cover include?
Mr Ross spotted:
- Newspaper name
Create your own front cover based on the book. Check out one of the front covers the children made!
Reading - Chapter 6
Watch the following video and see how many different Gods you can recognise https://vimeo.com/70975460
Watch the same video again and think of the following questions.
- Use a thesaurus to think of different ways of describing the movement shown in the video (e.g. run, chase, sprint).
- Pause the video at various points and make a list of words that can be used to describe the action taking place.
- Try describing the video to someone who has never seen it before. What words / phrases can you use to convey the tension in the animation?
- Pause the video when the camera focusses on the faces of the various characters. What might they be thinking / feeling at these points?
- Describe the backstory for the running character (called Olympia). Where does she come from? How did she come to be involved in the events in the animation?
Can you write a new story that involves the Gods of Olympus?