Week beginning 18.5.20
Welcome to Week 5
It was fantastic to speak to you all again on Thursday, hearing what you have all been up to over the last few weeks and most importantly hearing everyone is staying safe
Follow the link below, continue with the White Rose home learning tasks.
Please email me using firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can send you the worksheets that match this weeks learning tasks.
This week, I'd like you to have a go at writing a diary entry.
Things you could include -
- A day/date to show when you wrote your diary entry.
- A brief description of what you did on that day. Linking back to our conjunction work last week - use 'and' to join some ideas together.
- How you felt, think about your emotions - can you use the conjunction 'because' to explain why?
- What your plans are for the following day/week.
At the end of Year One, you should be able to spell all of the days of the week correctly.
Can you practise spelling them? I've made mine into a rainbow, how could you practise yours?
In R.E this term, we were starting to look at the religion of Islam. Currently, for Muslims, it is Ramadan which means Muslims fast during the daylight hours. This means they can't eat or drink until the sun sets. Ramadan began on the 23rd of April and will end on the 23rd of May when there is a new moon.
Here is a clip to a video which explains about Muslim prayer and Wudu (washing in preparation for prayer)
Using this information, and any other research you do, I'd like you to answer these questions:
- What is the name of the holy book used during prayer?
- Where do they go for prayer? What is the name of the holy building?
- Is there a special place Muslims may go to pray, maybe once a year?
- How many times a day do Muslims pray?
- Is there a certain direction Muslims need to face during their prayers?
- Do Muslims need to do before prayer?
- Who do they pray to and what do they ask?
Think about how this compares to what you do. Is it the same? Is it different? If so, how is it, why is it?